torsdag 1 november 2012

Monthly theme: Hosiery

I'm so happy I actually found the time to do this post because I love participating in the Monthly Theme at Sophistique Noir!


The theme this month was "hosiery" which might be a bit difficult to do a makeup blogpost on. Or is it?
Actually I got an idea for this theme in an instant and I was so excited about creating a look on it! :D

Since it's Halloween I figured I do a kind of fashion/mummy/goth/Halloween look with a torn pair of pantyhose. You could use fishnet tights or stocking if you'd like but I didn't have a pair at home (yes, really...) so I just used a pair of old nylon pantyhose. :)

Anyways, here's the look! Hope you like it! :)


The makeup might seem kind of boring in this look because I chose to do the pics in black and white but it's really my go to look at the moment. I've found that a smokey cat-eye is what suits my large eyes best.

Of course, this look is probably not suitable for everyday. ;) But it's a fun Halloween-look or something like that. 



Black lips of course. ;) My hair really melts into the background.


And finally a closeup on the eye.

On Friday I am going to do the makeup for a Halloween monster-parade/fashion show, which will be completely awesome! :D I've been practicing a bit on the different looks I am going to do and here's one that I have come up with. Opinions please?


Should I make the "nose-hole" bigger? I really hope that I will be able to get some pictures on the different makeup looks from the show this time, but you know, working at a fashion show is really hectic. The flakey skin is made with 1 ply of toilet paper and Duo lash glue. Worked fine! :)

Anyway, happy Halloween everyone! :)

Thank you so much for reading and big hugs to all of you who take your time to write comments! I highly appreciate your thoughts and opinions!


16 kommentarer:

  1. What a cool idea you made of this theme! :D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! I'm glad to hear you think so. ^_^

      Radera
  2. Your photos are very nice, and the makeup as well! I think ripped tights look cool when used in such a creative way.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much! ^_^ I love ripped tights. I wear them until I accidentally rip them and then I make a shirt or something out of them. :P

      Radera
  3. Awesome and creative idea and photos, you absolutely rock this look! ^^

    SvaraRadera
  4. What everybody else said - a very creative use of hosiery for this theme! And the monster makeup at the end is fantastic - I hope you have a chance to get pictures from the show!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you very much! ^_^ There were plenty of photographers at the show so I am waiting for them to post the pictures so I can show you all as well. :)

      Radera
  5. Love the huge eye, it looks like Jack Skellington =D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thanks! :) Yes, it's definitely very Jack Skellington! :)

      Radera
  6. Vilken cool id'e! Bild nr 2 är helt fantastiskt fin.
    Din skelettmake är superhäftig.

    SvaraRadera
  7. I wondered what you would come up with for this theme... And I am not disappointed! This is incredibly artistic and darkly beautiful. The makeup isn't boring at all - it's just right for the feel of these photos.

    SvaraRadera
  8. Awesome *.*

    I'm following. Very good posts *

    INTERNACIONAL GIVEAWAY:
    http://2divascloset.blogspot.pt/2012/10/sorteio-internacional-conjunto-de.html

    SvaraRadera
  9. WOW, amazing job on the Halloween makeup! The photos with the pantyhose turned out really neat!

    SvaraRadera