torsdag 22 november 2012

Blending in

I had another job interview today, so I went for a "blending in look" that will sure not offend any possible employer. Not all employers appreciate crazy colors, straight very slanted eyebrows or a heavy black cat-eye. Even though it may seem very unfair not to be able to look "you", it might be a good idea to try blending in sometimes.


Very simple look that is nice I guess, but a little boring. I know there are a lot of people out there, however, who likes these kinds of looks, so I decided to post it anyway. :)


You could as well do this look using grey instead of brown. I chose brown because it makes my eye color pop.






Face
*Skin base foundation 02 (Illamasqua)
*Tone Correcting Concealer (e.l.f.)
*Isadora Loose Powder
*Wonderblush Cleopatra (Make Up Store)

Eyebrows
*Corrupt (Makeup Geek) 

Eyes
*Gel liner Rave (Makeup Geek)
*Homecoming (Makeup Geek)
*Latte (Makeup Geek)
*Mocha (Makeup Geek)
*Corrupt (Makeup Geek)
*Medium Pencil S.O.P.H.I.E. (Illamasqua)
*Lashes: Ardell #108

Lips
*Non-colored lipbalm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next time, I'll hope I'll be back with a more creative look. I have problems with taking photos right now because it's so dark here in Northern Europe this time of the year, and I have far too few lamps at home.

Anyways, thank you for reading and hope you will have a lovely day! :)



8 kommentarer:

  1. What's your line of work? Anything outside makeup? I'm just curious. I'm not working as a makeup artist for a living, for instance.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Right now I am applying for jobs in different makeup/fashion shops, but those jobs are very popular here at the moment so they're really hard to get. What do you work with?

      Radera
    2. I've always thought that a unique style is appreciated in these areas of work. When I started reading this post I imagined you are applying for some "serious" job. I don't mean that working in makeup/fashion shop isn't serious. I would say it's more artistic and open-minded... perfect for wearing interesting makeup looks :)

      Radera
    3. I guess most stores would allow people to have piercings and wear a lot of makeup, but since I asked one of the bigger stores here what their policy is they told me they don't allow people who "differ" in any way, so I take the safe approach and then I will gradually "turn the volume" up on my style. I did so at my last job and that worked fine. :)

      Radera
  2. Well, my official profession is political scientist. I have a class in political science at the university and i'm getting my ph.d in february.
    My unofficial professions include makeup, photography and gothic modelling. :D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Cool! :) Actually, I was also aiming for a phd once, but in biotech engineering, but then I got tired of it and decided that I wanted to work with makeup instead. :P Quite a change in the career I would say...

      Radera
  3. I did the same thing when I applied for my job, a simple shimmery brown look, and my first day of employment I pulled out the bright colours and went to work how I would normally look. I however did ask in my interview if it would be okay, luckily they said yes. Best if luck with your job hunting!

    SvaraRadera
  4. This is very pretty! It sucks to have to tone things down from your usual style but you've done a lovely job of it.

    SvaraRadera