fredag 30 november 2012

Depend #335

About a week ago I found this awesome glitter polish from Depend Cosmetics and I knew that I just had to get it. Whenever Christmas approaches I feel a great need for wearing glitter nail polish, for some strange (or, wait, maybe not so strange...) reason. Here, the glitter polish is applied over Ancient Ruby by Isadora.


Yes, I know the manicure is terrible and I suck at taking pictures of nail polish. I can hear the sound of the "Clean-your-cuticles-or-die"-girls coming after me like an angry mob right now. Haha! :P

Depend #335 is a holographic glitter polish in a clear base, which makes it perfect to put on top of other polishes. This mani consists of 1 layer Nail Tek Foundation II, 2 coats of Ancient Ruby (Isadora), 1 coat #335 (Depend) and 1 coat of the fast-drying topcoat from Seche Vite.

What I didn't like about this polish though, was that there are both small and big chunks of glitter in the bottle but when applied on the nails you are lucky if you get one or two of the larger chunks there. I want my glitter chunks to be of different sizes.


So, dear readers, what do you think of glitter polishes? Do you have any favorites that you can recommend?

Thank you for reading! :)



8 kommentarer:

  1. I don't think that's a bad manicure!

    My nails are red and green; I've got candy cane stripes, red shatter polish, and other fun designs.

    I always feel compelled to match my nails to whatever holiday season it is. ^^

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Oh, thanks! I'm glad to hear that! :)

      Haha, it's the same with me! I am planning to do a red and white candy cane manicure as soon as my nails grows out a little more. :#

      Radera
  2. The manicure is great, although you should let your nails grow a little longer. Have you ever tried gel manicure? Or acryllic? Could you please tell me how much it would cost in Sweden? I am really curious. I have a hideous disgusting habbit of biting the skin around my nails to a pulp if they are short, so they are exagerately long most of the time and unbitten. Hahaha.
    By the way I am crazy about glitter , especially holographic. Do you like duochrome nail polishes?

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thanks! Yes, I know. Haha. My nails always break in the winter though so I am trying to strengthen them at the moment so they will grow out a little longer. :)
      At a salon a gel or acrylic manicure would cost about €60 to €70.
      Haha, is biting the skin around the nails another Aries trait perhaps? ;) My boyfriend does the same thing.
      Yes! I love duochrome polishes! :D Especially the ones with purple and teal! <3

      Radera
  3. Omg, so pretty! I have to see if it's available here in Finland! xx Carolin, Min Boudoir

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I believe you can order it online here: http://www.kicks.fi/
      :)

      Radera
  4. Åh! Tack för tipset! Jag har sett fler som använt glitter lack över sina färgade lack och undrat var man kan köpa dem. Jag har några glitter lack men de är färgade. Sen har jag metallic lacker med hologram effekt och de älskar jag. De är svåra att få tag på verkar det som.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Det kan blir riktigt snyggt med glitterlack över ett färgat! :) Åh, hologramlack är så snyggt!

      Radera