fredag 24 februari 2012

Tutorial: Spring trend look

Hello everybody!

Has anyone noticed the increasing number of makeup pictures with a blue waterline that has come up lately? It's a great and interesting look, very suitable for spring! :)

I was inspired by this look in September last year by a friend on Dayviews, MrBarbie, who has created the most amazing version of this look!

Here's my version of this look anyway:



Let's get the tutorial started! :)

Step 1
Apply your base and prime your eyes. In the inner corner of your eye, apply NYX Jumbo Pencil in "Milk" and blend it out with your finger so it covers the lid in a thin layer. Set it with some "Gesso" by M.A.C.

Step 2
With a small blending brush or pencil brush, apply "Charcoal brown" by M.A.C. in the crease. Note that we are not going to take it down all the way to our lower lid in the outer corner. Blend the shadow out using small circular motions, going back and forth in your crease.

Step 3
In the deep crease, that is the outermost part of your crease, apply "Embark" by M.A.C. This will give a little more depth and dimension.

Step 4
Using a black gel liner and a thin brush, line your upper lash line creating that traditional retro/pinup winged eyeliner. Also line your upper waterline with the gel liner! If you need some advice on how to get the eyeliner good, check out this tutorial:
http://madamnoire.blogspot.com/2012/02/tutorial-lucky-green-retro-glam.html

Step 5
On your lower waterline, apply a bright blue or turquoise eyeliner pencil. I'm using M.A.C. Chromagraphic Pencil in "Hi Def Cyan". Smudge the color into your lower lash line as well.

Step 6
Fill in your brows with "Charcoal brown" and an angled brush.

Some black mascara and a pair of false eyelashes and you're good to go! :) The lashes I'm using are Red Cherry #110.

Step 7
I think this look is prettiest combined with a peach or coral blush and lipstick, although these colors aren't normally my cup of tea. I've used the blush "Glow" by e.l.f. and a coral lipstick which I unfortunately don't know the name of. :(  But any warm coral or peach will work! I think the M.A.C. Viva Glam lipstick in "Nicki" would be great combined with this eye makeup.

I hope you liked this tutorial. Have a lovely day! :)

1 kommentar:

  1. this is gorgeous, I've seen a few looks with blue in the waterline aswell so I think I'm going to have to try this!

    SvaraRadera