måndag 27 februari 2012

Tutorial: Leopard print eyes

Hello everybody! :)

The rain is pouring down here and it's a dull monday. So a pop of color is exactly what we need! :) The key to the leopard eyes look is to make not too many dots but not too few either. If you make too many it's going to look a bit messy but if you make too few it will look quite poor. What's too many or too few might be a question of taste though!


So let's get the tutorial started!

Step 1
Apply your base and prime your eyes. Line your upper and lower waterline with a black eyeliner pencil. Put a little amount of NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk on your lid. Smudge it out with your finger but don't take it into the crease!

Step 2
With a flat shader brush apply Chickadee by MakeupGeek over the lid and a bit above the crease. Blend it out with a fluffy brush.

Step 3
With a smaller sized blending brush or pencil brush, apply Latte by MakeupGeek in the crease and blend it into Chickadee.

Step 4
In the outer corner (deep crease) apply Cocoa bear by MakeupGeek and blend it out well. Also apply a matte white in the inner corner and right under your brow. I've used Gesso by M.A.C.

Step 5
A little more dimension is needed so let's open up our gaze a bit with a dab of Glamorous (by MakeupGeek) in the center of the lid.

Step 6
Fill in your brows with Latte (MakeupGeek).

Grab your black gel eyeliner and line your upper lash line! Since we're going leopard here, we want the eye to get a more catlike shape. Create a little "extension" in the inner corner of the eye and an extra long wing in the outer corner.

Step 7
Pop on some mascara.

Now, it's time for the dots! To create these I'm using a liquid eyeliner. Draw for dots similar to those on the picture. It doesn't have to be and exact copy!


Step 8
For more dots!

Step 9
Five smaller, filled dots evenly distributed between the larger dots.


Step 10
Fill in the dots with Mocha by MakeupGeek. This really makes all the difference!

Step 11
Put on a pair of falsies and the eyes are done. I'm using Ardell #105.


I like to pair this eye makeup with a nude lip just to give the eyes some extra focus. To get an extra sheer layer of lipstick I applied it with my finger. I've used Clinique Creamy nude and a concealer in the center of the lips to add some more dimension.

I hope you liked this tutorial. Have a nice day! :)

2 kommentarer:

  1. OMG. You really ARE very good. I hate leopard print, I find it cheap and too trendy. This is the first time I actually like it. On anything. I'm actually gonna do this look and send you some pics if you'd like.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thanks! :) Haha, I know what you mean! Leopard print can be so tacky! But I figured it all depends on how you wear it. :) Yes, I'd love to see! :D

      Radera