torsdag 28 juni 2012

Colorful everyday summer look

Hello makeup-lovers and fellow spooks! :)

Summer is a time of color and a color that I like very much but seldom use is orange. Orange usually makes me think of fall and Halloween, but it is also suitable for summer. I made this look over a week ago but I haven't had time to post it before now.

I've got loads of Makeup Geek eyeshadows that I intend to review some time, but since it (for some reason) is taking me such a long time to do so I will present the shadows in different looks instead.

The shadow I've used today is Mandarine which is a vibrant orange with specks of gold. It has great color payoff and it didn't crease on me even though I used it with concealer as my only primer. On the swatch picture, the eyeshadow is applied on bare skin.

A similar eyeshadow is Flamepoint by Sugarpill, but I think this
is a little better since Flamepoint is more of a reddish orange, while Mandarine is a more... well, orangey orange I guess. ;)

So let's move on to the look:


When adding a colorful eyeshadow to the outer corner of the eye, rather than on the whole lid, and blending it well it can be used to get a more subtle and wearable look.


Black lipstick of course, no surprise I guess. ;)





Face
*Ultra fluid foundation Alabaster (Kryolan)
*Studio finish concealer (M.A.C.)
*White pressed powder (Stargazer)

Eyebrows
*Fluidline Blacktrack (M.A.C.)

Eyes
*Fluidline Blacktrack (M.A.C.)
*Jumbo pencil Milk (NYX)
*Eye kohl Smolder (M.A.C.)
*Blanc type (M.A.C.)
*Mandarine (Makeup Geek)
*Corrupt (Makeup Geek)
*Ice queen (Makeup Geek)
*False eyelashes #105 (Ardell)

Lips
*Inliner Indian ink (Isadora)
*Lipstick Goth (Viva la Diva)

-----------------------------------------------------------

I just realized that it has been a whole week since my last blogpost! :O Well, I'll try to post more often. I hope everything's good with you and that you're all having a great summer! :)




4 kommentarer:

  1. I adore this! I think I want to try this myself today. It looks summery and a bit tropical, things that I myself cant avoid haha ♥

    SvaraRadera
  2. Madame Noir, I've tagged you for a Liebster Award! It's here: http://styleandgraphite.blogspot.com/2012/06/liebster-award.html

    SvaraRadera
  3. I love orange! The falsies and liner really make it look cool. ^_^

    SvaraRadera
  4. Absolutely amazing! I love your color choice, especially the black lipstick. Anyway, I love your bull ring! When did you have it pierced? I can see that your ears have a lot of piercings too. You’re a tough one, hehe! I only have two as of now, one septum and in my ear shell.

    Maverick Pitt

    SvaraRadera