tisdag 5 juni 2012

Vampire nails

Hello makeup-lovers and fellow spooks!


As I mentioned yesterday today's post is going to be a nail-post, which is something that I don't usually do. I often ask myself why I don't do nail-posts more often, since there are so many ways to decorate your nails. Truth is, though, that I don't have patience enough to do a good job on my nails. I don't know if it's my lack of patience or if there's something wrong with my nails, but on me nail-polish takes forever to dry. Now, I know some of you immediately comes to think of the fast-drying top-coat from Seche Vite, but even that one requires at least an hour to get completely dry on my nails. Strange, isn't it? O_o

Anyways, with all those complaints about nail-polish said, let's move on to the actual post. :)

A few days ago I watched a very good nail-art video tutorial on
Youtube, explaining how to get gradient nails. I got really excited about this and decided to try the look myself. :)

Here's the video:


It was a bit harder than it looked though and, since I can barely paint my nails in the regular way without messing up, a lot of cleaning was required afterwards. The result? Well, not too bad for a first-timer. ;)


I couldn't get the gradient so smooth though, but I guess I'll have to practice.

The red nail-polish is from Depend and the black one is Orly's Liquid vinyl.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, I just wanted to show you a no-special-occasion-present that Mr. Noire gave me yesterday.  Bird-skull earrings! :) I love them!



--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so that's all for this post. :)

Have a nice day!

13 kommentarer:

  1. Oh, I definitely need to try that gradient once my nails are a bit longer!
    I must say, it looks incredibly good for a first try!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Do it! :) I think this look is good on shorter nails though. (I cut mine before painting them)
      Thank you! :)

      Radera
  2. Very cool gradient nails! Maybe I should try this tomorrow, when I have to repaint my nails anyway?!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Yeah, it was quite an easy look to achieve too, so you should definitely give it a try. :)

      Radera
  3. Wow how cool way to do your nails! I think I am going to try this soon :) Thanks for the tip!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I think so too! :) This way you can wear two colors at once. ^^

      Radera
  4. I'd love to try this gradient, it looks amazing in black and red ♥

    SvaraRadera
  5. I tried gradient nails once - yours came out much better than my first attempt... ;-D Sometimes I have trouble getting excited about doing posts on topics outside my comfort zone, too, but I'm glad you did so here!

    SvaraRadera
  6. Love this look. You did a great job.

    SvaraRadera
  7. Your blog is GORGEOUS! Är du svensk? Jag älskar din (eller ditt?) blog :) jag finsk så därför att jag pratar svenska :DD

    xoxo
    Susanna
    http://susanna-behindmyeyes.blogspot.com

    SvaraRadera
  8. Tack så mycket! :) Ja, jag är svensk.

    SvaraRadera