söndag 3 juni 2012

Red and black week! :D

Hello everybody!

Today the red and black week event is starting on http://www.sophistiquenoir.com/ ! Since I love theme-posts of course I'm going to participate. :)

My first red and black post is going to be an eyelook that includes red
eyeshadow but is still quite subtle.

I really love red eyeshadow but sometimes I find it a little hard to use. In this look however, the red eyeshadow is used in a way so that it doesn't take over too much. At least that's my opinion on the look. I'm pretty sure that many of you would never wear this as an everyday look or maybe
not even as a look for a night out. :)

But anyway, if you want to try out a look with red eyeshadow but are
afraid it will look too much, this is a good way to start. You can skip
adding red underneath your eyes to give it an even more subtle look.


When using red eyeshadow I think it's very important to line your eyes with a lot of black, otherwise your eyes will look kind of infected. Blend the black into the red to create a nice gradient. 


Red eyeshadow looks good on all eye colors, I just made mine brown today since I was in a editing mood. :P I've been thinking a lot about getting a pair of contact lenses lately, but since my budget is rather slim at the moment I'll have to do with changing my eye color in PS instead. 


I think red eyeshadow is nicest when the color is very intense closer to the lash-line and then fades out into the skin color. To help achieving this effect, sweep a white or skin colored eyeshadow over your lids first. 


Combine your red eye-look with a pair of white contacts and black lipstick for the ultimate gothic look! :)






Face
*Ultra fluid foundation Alabaster (Kryolan)
*Tone correcting concealer (e.l.f.)
*White pressed powder (Stargazer)

Eyebrows
*Corrupt (Makeup Geek)

Eyes
*Eye kohl Smolder (M.A.C.)
*Fluidline Blacktrack (M.A.C.)
*Jumbopencil Milk (NYX)
*Corrupt (Makeup Geek)
*Ice queen (Makeup Geek)
*White lies (Makeup Geek)
*Burlesque (Makeup Geek)
*Love+ (Sugarpill)
*False eyelashes #747S (Red Cherry)

Lips
* Inliner Indian ink (Isadora)
*Lipstick Goth (Viva La Diva)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow I'll be back with another red and black look. :)





12 kommentarer:

  1. only one word to describe: AWESOME!

    SvaraRadera
  2. I absolutely love red eyeshadow, but I probably overdo it a bit when I use it. This is an absolutely PERFECT example of red shadow use. The red is subtle, but the overall look is dramatic. What a wonderful contribution for Day One of Red & Black Week. I am totally excited to see what else you come up with for this theme.

    SvaraRadera
  3. So pretty. The white contacts are gorgeous as well.

    SvaraRadera
  4. Simply stunning makeup :) I can't get over how beautiful you are either!

    SvaraRadera
  5. So many talented eye-makeup goddesses in the Goth community...dang, I am mad jealous! I love this look, it is so elegant and gorgeous.

    SvaraRadera
  6. Thanks for all the nice comments guys! :D

    SvaraRadera
  7. I absolutely love this. I always feel I have to blend black in to tone down the red, and then end up with a heavy look that sometimes obscures the red all together. This is perfect. I'm excited to try it out!

    SvaraRadera
  8. Oh, and you are absolutely STUNNING, by the way!

    SvaraRadera
  9. This is an amazing look too! I've never had luck with pinks and reds because my eys end up looking bloodshot. Now I know the trick is lots of black liner. So elegant!

    SvaraRadera