torsdag 14 juni 2012

Afternoon tea

Hello makeup-lovers and fellow spooks! :)

It's been quiet here for a while now, mainly because I have been sad and a bit traumatized from a thing that happened last Sunday morning. When walking our dog me and Mr. Noire found a dead guy on the street, right outside our house. We immediately called the ambulance and started doing compressions but it was too late. I don't blame myself or anything, I'm just sad that he didn't make it. And shocked of course, since this kind of thing reminds one about how vulnerable life is.
So this is why I haven't answered too many of your nice comments lately. I apologize for that!

But now, let's move on to happier subjects. I've made a look for you, or two looks actually but I will post the other one another day.

This makeup look is a bridal look that is inspired by a look that Ronnie from bowsandcurtseys.com did a while ago. Go check her blog out if you haven't already, she's amazing! :)

Tomorrow I'm going to my friends's wedding and afterwards we're having afternoon tea at a fancy restaurant. That's why I decided to call this look Afternoon tea, I guess.



Yep, I've poked a third hole in my nose. :) I must admit it wasn't the smartest thing to do so at summer when my allergies are the worst, but I guess I'll survive. And I love my new piercing although it's a little skew. 


I think this is a perfect wedding look if you want your makeup to be natural and dramatic in the same time. To tone it down all you have to do is use a softer color on your eyebrows and a nude/light pink lipgloss on your lips. 


At the moment, I'm quite obsessed about painting my eyes brown in Photoshop. Brown eyes are just adorable! 

Face
*Ultra fluid foundation Alabaster (Kryolan)
*Studio finish concealer (M.A.C.)
*White pressed powder (Stargazer)

Eyebrows
*Corrupt (Makeup Geek)

Eyes
*Fluidline Blacktrack (M.A.C.)
*Jumbo pencil Milk (NYX)
*Eye kohl Smolder (M.A.C.)
*Moondust (Makeup Geek)
*Ice queen (Makeup Geek)
*Corrupt (Makeup Geek)
*Gold digger (Makeup Geek)
*Mango tango (Makeup Geek)
*Burlesque (Makeup Geek)
*Sensuous (Makeup Geek)
*False eyelashes #747S (Red Cherry)

Lips
*Concealer NC15 (M.A.C.)
*Lipstick Black orchid (Make Up Store)

-----------------------------------------------------------


That's all for now! :) I'll be back soon with another look. Maybe even a tutorial. If you have suggestions/requests on colors or looks that you want me to do a tutorial on just let me know. :)

10 kommentarer:

  1. Please, please, please do a tutorial on this one! I love it!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Great look! Gorgeous colours.
    A tip for your septum if it is not sitting perfectly straight and still healing, get a small amount of toilet tissue and roll it into a ball and pop it just inside your nose on the side which is 'drooping'. Leave it in as long as possible (dont sleep with it of course and change it if it gets icky) and after a week it should be sitting better. I did this with mine, and I told my piercer what I did and he said it was a fantastic idea ^_^ worth a shot :D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thanks for the compliment and for the great tip on the septum piercing! I tried it and it's already a bit more straight. :3

      Radera
  3. That's such a nice look! It really is dramatic but also very neutral.
    I love septum piercings! I think they are very cute!

    And finding that man must really have been a horrible feeling! At least you tried to help him instead of leaving him out on the street.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thanks! Dramatic and still natural was exactly what I was going for so it's nice to hear that I succeeded. :)

      Radera
  4. That is SO gorgeous, I have decided to purchase all of the required items so that I can recreate that look for myself when I have a special occasion! Thank you for inspiring me. :)

    SvaraRadera