torsdag 29 mars 2012

Tutorial: Makeup for lazy people

Hello everybody! :)

Although I know that most of you are here to watch my more creative and unique makeup looks I occasionally like to do something that most people find wearable. This time I am doing a tutorial on a look that is very easy to achieve and doesn't require a a lot of expensive products. The name of the tutorial might be a little deceptive, since you don't have to be lazy to not have enough time for putting on makeup. It's just meant as a joke. :) 



So if you're short of time, don't feel like spending a lot of money on makeup products or simply just lazy this look is definitely for you. :)

You don't need a lot of brushes for this look either, but the brushes you do need are a flat shader brush and a fluffy blending brush. Now I know that the M.A.C. ones are very pricey, so you might as well buy another brand but I do think that my M.A.C. brushes are worth every cent. The brushes from Sigma are a great alternative! 

Fluffy blending brush, #217 from M.A.C. This is my favorite brush ever! 

Flat shader brush. This is a very useful brush that I'm using in all my makeup looks. The M.A.C. one is #239 but I think the one from Sigma, E55, is a little better. 

With that said, let's get the tutorial started! :) 




Step 1. Apply your foundation and concealer. Also apply an eyelid primer to help your makeup last throughout the day (or night). If you're on a budget you can use the e.l.f. eyelid primer which costs about a dollar and is still a fabulous product! Fill in your eyebrows with a soft brown, using your flat shader brush. The color I've used is Latte by MakeupGeek. 


Step 2. Line your upper and lower lash line with a black eyeliner pencil (or a brown one if you want a more subtle look). Also line your upper waterline. 


Step 3. Using the flat shader brush, smudge the eyeliner pencil out. 


Step 4. Still using the flat shader brush, apply Latte by MakeupGeek over the smudged eyeliner, both on your upper and lower lid. Use the fluffy blending brush to soften any harsh edges. 


Step 5. Wipe off the blending brush on a clean towel. Then pick up some shimmery white eyeshadow on it. Tap off the excess and apply the white right beneath your brows and in the inner corners of your eyes. The white I'm using is one from Isadora but you can use any shimmery white! They are usually not that hard to find. :) 


Step 6. Apply some black mascara and your eyes are done! 


Step 7. Powder your face and apply a soft pink blush. I've used Shy by e.l.f..  For the lips you can just use your favorite lipgloss. I've chosen my usual, nude Edelweiss by Face Stockholm. Now, I know that Face Stockholm is not an affordable brand but I got this lipgloss for free so it doesn't really count. :P 

If you want to put some color on your face, simply use a more colorful lipgloss, or exchange the brown eyeshadow for a purple, blue or teal one. :) 

That's all for this blogpost my dear friends! Tomorrow (30th) will be the last day to enter my giveaway. 

Enter by clicking the link and following the instructions.










1 kommentar:

  1. Very wearable indeed! But still dark enough to be adequately alternative. :)

    SvaraRadera