tisdag 14 maj 2013

Paranormal Encounters

At the end of April I wrote about Illamasqua's new collection Paranormal, which certainly contains a lot of goodies that most makeup lovers would love to sink their fangs into. Although I haven't tried any of the products yet, I got very inspired by the looks in this collection and decided to recreate one of them. :)



Coral is a great choice if you want to make green eyes pop.


Purple lips matches flawlessly with coral eyes. I don't know why but I have been very inspired by this color combo lately.


I don't know if orange eyebrows are my cup of tea but they where essential for an accurate recreation of this look. :)



Step 1. After priming your eyes, trace your crease with a warm midtone brown. I used Purely naked by Makeup Geek. This will work as our transition color.


Step 2. Apply a warm coral or copper shade to your entire lid. Blend it like a maniac, using a skin tone eyeshadow around the edges.


Step 3. Do your foundation and lighten your brows with concealer. Finish with a powder on the areas where you tend to get most shiny.


Step 4. Fill in your brows with a burnt orange. The one I used is also from Makeup Geek and it's called Chickadee.


Step 5. Now, dust a soft wash of shimmery eyeshadow over your lids. I used Shimma shimma by Makeup Geek.


Step 6. Concentrate the shimmer on your inner corners, browbones and center of the lids. To accentuate the shine even more apply the Jumbo Pencil in Milk by N.Y.X. underneath.


Step 7. Dip Illamasqua's medium pencil in Sophie into black gel liner and line the inner rims of your eyes as well as the lower lash line.


Step 8. Using a white eyeliner line your upper lash line starting at the inner corner and fading it so that it ends softly about 2/3 of the way.


Step 9. Curl your lashes and apply a lot of mascara. I chose not to apply false lashes because the model in my inspirational picture does not appear to have any.






Face
*Skin base foundation 02 (Illamasqua)
*Studio Finish Concealer (M.A.C.)* 
*Mineral Veil (Bare Minerals)

Eyebrows
*Studio Finish Concealer (M.A.C.) 
*Chickadee (Makeup Geek)

Eyes
*Shadow Insurance (original) (Too Faced)
*Mango tango (Makeup Geek)
*Shimma shimma (Makeup Geek)
*#351 (Inglot) 
*Jumbo Pencil Milk (NYX)
*Gel liner Immortal (Makeup Geek)
*Medium Pencil Sophie (Illamasqua)
*AquaColor White (Kryolan)

Lips
*Lipstick Kontrol (Illamasqua)
*Jumbo Pencil Milk (NYX)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Inspirational picture:



I sincerely hope you liked my take on this look! For a very long time now I have been planning to do a series of looks inspired by Illamasqua's different collections, and I might start that series some time soon, actually. :)

I'm also thinking about doing a Q&A post where you guys can ask whatever you want (makeup related or not) but I'm not sure about that. Do you have any questions that you would like me to answer? :)

Thanks for reading!



3 kommentarer:

  1. Gorgeous! I love your recreation of this, great work.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Wow! I definently couldn't pull this off! I love this! So cool! :D

    SvaraRadera
  3. I like the ginger eyebrows.

    SvaraRadera