söndag 15 juli 2012

Review: Makeup Geek lipsticks

Hello makeup-lovers and fellow spooks!

This has been a busy week for me, having a visitor from out of town, but I have done a couple of looks for you that I will be posting during this upcoming week. I hope you all have had a great weekend! :)

Today, there won't be any look but a review on three of the Makeup Geek lipsticks that have recently been launched. I am planning to do a tutorial series with these lipsticks, matching them with suitable eye makeup-looks. :) Does that sound like a good idea?

All of the lipsticks are smooth and perfectly creamy, and still highly pigmented. I usually have problem with lipsticks drying out my lips but I find these more moisturizing than most other lipsticks I have tried. The durability is high and the lipstick stays creamy until the end.
The only minus (except that they don't have one in black... yet ;) ) I can give the Makeup Geek lipsticks is that I don't really like the smell. I rarely like the smell of lipsticks (or other beauty products) and these smell like... well, like typical lipsticks, I guess. I'm sure you won't have any problems with it though because the fragrance is very subtle. :)

This is what the packaging looks like. Cute, isn't it? :)





At the Makeup Geek website Fearless is described as a "hot pink with a mix of purple", and I couldn't agree more. It is a beautiful pink shade that feels very bold and bright on the lips, just as the name of the lipstick suggests.


A fun magenta color that seems to be the shade that falls exactly between pink and purple. I had hoped it would be more purple but it's very pinkish.


For me this is the perfect nude color, which on the Makeup Geek website is described as a "muted pink with a hint of purple". I love it! :)



Those are my opinions about the Makeup Geek lipsticks. :) I'm definitely going to try and collect them all! Have any of you tried them yet? What did you think?

As I said before, I will do some looks with these lipsticks during the upcoming week. :)

I hope you found this post helpful!

Have a nice day!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclosure: The product(s) shown in this post have been sent to me by the brand(s) for use or possible review. This however, does not in any way affect my opinions about the product(s) and I assure you that all of the opinions stated are my own. You, my dear reader, are my priority number one and I would never recommend a product that I do not think is worth spending money on. The product(s) are also, to my best knowledge, completely cruelty free.

1 kommentar: