lördag 28 april 2012

Glowing embers

Hello everybody! :)

Now I've made so many wearable looks lately so it's time for something that most people wouldn't call wearable.

The inspiration for this look actually came from a look that I encountered on the fabulous makeup site the Makeupbee.
Here's the look I was inspired by:

https://www.makeupbee.com/look.php?look_id=7675&qbt=likedlooks&qb_lookid=7675&qb_uid=25242

It's an amazing look, but I didn't want to copy it 100% so I made my own version. :)



My skin is a disaster right now, but luckily it doesn't look to bad on the photos (at least not if you watch it from a distance...). I really need to find a better foundation but most foundations are not light enough. I'm thinking about trying Illamasqua Skin Base because it is possible to get it in a very light and even a white one. We don't have Illamasqua here in Sweden though, so I would have to order it from their website and wouldn't be too happy if it turned out to be a bad foundation for my skin...


I realized today that I feel very, very comfortable with black lipstick. Black lipstick can goth up practically any look. :) 


On the lid I'm wearing Shimma shimma by MakeupGeek, which is a gorgeous champagne color that would look awesome for a prom look. Since it's shimmery it's very easy to blend it with darker colors. 


A tip if you want darker brows but are afraid it will get too dark is to fill them in as usual with a color matching your natural brow color and then apply a black (tap off the brush to remove excess eyeshadow) on the "tail" of the brow, creating a gradient. 


In the future I intend to do more lip-looks. I usually don't spend too much money on lipsticks, since eye-makeup is more fun, but recently I've discovered that lip-looks can be fun as well. :)



Face
*Everlasting foundation Ivory (Clarins)
*Studio finish concealer (M.A.C.)
*Compact white powder (Stargazer)
*Blush Glow (e.l.f.)

Eyebrows
*Charcoal brown (M.A.C.)

Eyes
*Fluidline Blacktrack (M.A.C.)
*Shimma shimma (MakeupGeek), frosty champagne, lid.
*Pigment Amethyst (Ben Nye), purple, lower lashline.
* Flamepoint (Sugarpill), orange.
*Gesso (M.A.C.), matte white, inner corne/brow highlight.
*Pollution (MakeUpStore),  matte black, cateye.
*False eyelashes #13 (Red Cherry)

Lips
* Inliner Indian ink (Isadora)
*Clear lipgloss (Isadora)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
That's all for today! :) Next time I'll probably be back with a not-so-wearable prom look.

Have a nice day!




2 kommentarer:

  1. On the glowing embers look, would you be willing to do a step-by-step photo shoot?

    SvaraRadera
  2. I might do that in the future. :) Right now I have several tutorials planned that I will do first, but after I've done them I will go back and do tutorials on some of my old looks.

    SvaraRadera