lördag 28 april 2012

Glowing embers

Hello everybody! :)

Now I've made so many wearable looks lately so it's time for something that most people wouldn't call wearable.

The inspiration for this look actually came from a look that I encountered on the fabulous makeup site the Makeupbee.
Here's the look I was inspired by:

https://www.makeupbee.com/look.php?look_id=7675&qbt=likedlooks&qb_lookid=7675&qb_uid=25242

It's an amazing look, but I didn't want to copy it 100% so I made my own version. :)



My skin is a disaster right now, but luckily it doesn't look to bad on the photos (at least not if you watch it from a distance...). I really need to find a better foundation but most foundations are not light enough. I'm thinking about trying Illamasqua Skin Base because it is possible to get it in a very light and even a white one. We don't have Illamasqua here in Sweden though, so I would have to order it from their website and wouldn't be too happy if it turned out to be a bad foundation for my skin...


I realized today that I feel very, very comfortable with black lipstick. Black lipstick can goth up practically any look. :) 


On the lid I'm wearing Shimma shimma by MakeupGeek, which is a gorgeous champagne color that would look awesome for a prom look. Since it's shimmery it's very easy to blend it with darker colors. 


A tip if you want darker brows but are afraid it will get too dark is to fill them in as usual with a color matching your natural brow color and then apply a black (tap off the brush to remove excess eyeshadow) on the "tail" of the brow, creating a gradient. 


In the future I intend to do more lip-looks. I usually don't spend too much money on lipsticks, since eye-makeup is more fun, but recently I've discovered that lip-looks can be fun as well. :)



Face
*Everlasting foundation Ivory (Clarins)
*Studio finish concealer (M.A.C.)
*Compact white powder (Stargazer)
*Blush Glow (e.l.f.)

Eyebrows
*Charcoal brown (M.A.C.)

Eyes
*Fluidline Blacktrack (M.A.C.)
*Shimma shimma (MakeupGeek), frosty champagne, lid.
*Pigment Amethyst (Ben Nye), purple, lower lashline.
* Flamepoint (Sugarpill), orange.
*Gesso (M.A.C.), matte white, inner corne/brow highlight.
*Pollution (MakeUpStore),  matte black, cateye.
*False eyelashes #13 (Red Cherry)

Lips
* Inliner Indian ink (Isadora)
*Clear lipgloss (Isadora)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
That's all for today! :) Next time I'll probably be back with a not-so-wearable prom look.

Have a nice day!




3 kommentarer:

  1. On the glowing embers look, would you be willing to do a step-by-step photo shoot?

    SvaraRadera
  2. I might do that in the future. :) Right now I have several tutorials planned that I will do first, but after I've done them I will go back and do tutorials on some of my old looks.

    SvaraRadera
  3. nice blog
    thanks for sharing information.
    VLCC Facials.VLCC’s extensive range of facials is custom made to gift you the radiant, flawless, toned and supple skin that you always dreamt of.

    SvaraRadera