fredag 5 oktober 2012

6 new Makeup Geek eyeshadows

If you have read the Makeup Geek gel liner post this post probably need no further explanation. If you haven't, well, I'm pretty sure that the title of this post gives you a pretty good clue on what it's about. ;)

NOTE: As usual with my eyeshadow swatches the swatch to the left is on bare skin and the one to the right is on top of NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk. Please, keep this in mind. :)


Nautica is absolutely fantastic! It's got amazing pigmentation and a pretty, shimmery finish. It's somewhat similar to Deep truth by M.A.C. but definitely not a dupe, since Nautica is more "stormy blue" if that makes any sense.


Boo berry is the one I liked least of this lot. It is quite poorly pigmented, as you can see on the swatches, and a bit chalky in its appearance. I guess it might be good for blending a black/blue smokey eye, though.


Drama Queen is a dark purple with a shimmery finish. It is very pigmented indeed but I just wish it would be more purple and less brown. It is a great eyeshadow, though, so if you like the color, go for it. :)


Peach smoothie is a warm nude, peach which is definitely not my kind of color (as you all might know ;) ), but I bet it would look fantastic on someone with a warmer, darker skin tone than me. It's pretty pigmented and pops a lot when put over the white base.


Creme brulé is certainly a delicious name for this delicious eyeshadow. It is a medium sandy brownish-orangey color and as stated on the Makeup Geek website it would make a great shadow for blending a brown smokey eye (or adding warmth to a black one...). I'm definitely going to try this as a blush as well, maybe not on myself but on someone with darker skin.


Prom night is a pale purple with hints of gray in it. Along with Nautica it is my favorite among this lot. It is superpigmented and the color is pretty. I thought it would be very similar to Twilight but this one is much colder (I guess you could put it that way...) and I actually like Prom night better. :)

So, what do you guys think of these shadows? Have you tried any of them yet? Which one is your favorite? :)


Disclosure: The product(s) shown in this post have been sent to me by the brand(s) for use or possible review. This however, does not in any way affect my opinions about the product(s) and I assure you that all of the opinions stated are my own. You, my dear reader, are my priority number one and I would never recommend a product that I do not think is worth spending money on. The product(s) are also, to my best knowledge, completely cruelty free (not tested on animals).

3 kommentarer:

  1. I don't own "Prom Night" or "Twilight", but as I saw the swatches in the MUG site, I also thought they reminded each other. :D
    (But also liked the "Prom Night" better <--- obviously only by looking the swatches) :)

    -Riina-
    www.lilrin.blogspot.fi

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. They are, aren't they? :3 I would like to switch the names on them, though, since I think Twilight would be a more suitable name for Prom Night and vice versa. XD

      Radera
    2. Haha xD Prom Night seems to have lot more shimmer on it compared to Twilight ;D

      Radera