torsdag 1 mars 2012

Monthly theme: Gray

Hello everybody! :)



About a month ago I found this amazingly inspiring blog about gothic fashion, http://www.sophistiquenoir.com , and through this blog a Monthly Theme which I decided to participate in. :) 


So this months theme is "Gray" and here's my contribution: 






The pattern design is inspired by a picture that I saw on the internet a long time ago. Unfortunately I couldn't find it again so I don't know who to credit for it. 


And of course I've made a tutorial for this look as well! :D 


Step 1
Apply your base and prime your eyes. Line your upper and lower waterline with Smolder by M.A.C. 


Step 2
Apply Knight divine by M.A.C. over the entire lid and blend it out up over the crease. If needed apply it again. Concentrate the color in the outer corner. 


Step 3
With an angled blending brush apply a little touch of black in the outer corner to add some dimension. Just be sure not to apply too much since we want gray to be the main color. 


Step 4
In the inner corner and under the eyebrow apply a matte white. 
Fill in your brows with Charcoal brown by M.A.C. 
Line your upper lash line with a black gel liner. Soften it by smudging with a small brush. 
You can end this look here by simply applying mascara and a pair of falsies! :) 


Step 5
With a gel liner draw the lines like I've done in the picture. :) 


Step 6
Unfortunately I got a little bit eager and forgot to photograph the different steps. :P Oops! 
Hope you can see what I've done anyway! The dots might be easier to draw with a liquid eyeliner rather than a gel but my liquid has a glossy finish so I chose the gel, hence the not too perfect dots. 


In my looks false eyelashes are mandatory by now. ;) These are the #105 by Ardell. 


Gray lipstick is pretty unusual (which is strange because it's really kind of cool!) so you can simply fix this lip look by lining your lips with a soft black kohl pencil such as Smolder by M.A.C. and blend it out over your lips. You don't want the black line to show. On top of that you place NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk and blend it in with the black pencil. 
Does anyone know any gray lipsticks by the way?
When I was searching the internet for some gray makeup I found a beautiful nailpolish that's definitely going to be written down on my wishlist. It is French Quarter For Your Thoughts by OPI. Isn't it gorgeous? 


Picture taken from http://www.beautybay.com







12 kommentarer:

  1. Great make-up and your eyes are stunningly beautiful!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Beautiful makeup! And I also agree with previous visitor!

    SvaraRadera
  3. It's not gray - but if you use it with a black eyeliner (or something), Stargazer has a white lipstick..

    http://www.shock.se/system/search/product.asp?id=387

    :3

    SvaraRadera
  4. I have a no-name silver lipstick, wich looks grey, and Revlon produced a silver lipstick also. I used silver eyeliner on my lips sometimes, but I merely looked like having a strange disease... :D

    I'll try this eye makeup, for sure, but maybe without the dots, because I'm not quite good at dotting. ^^

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thanks for the tip! :) I just found that the brand Face Stockholm also has a nice gray lipstick that's called "Shine". Haha, I guess it might look kind of strange with a gray lipstick but I think that if you choose a warm gray it will look a bit more healthy.

      Do it! :) If you take a picture of it I'd really like to see it! :D

      Radera
  5. This look is very glamorous! I was really looking forward to what you would come up with for this theme, and you did not disappoint. :) I love the gray with your purple hair.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! I'm glad to hear! :D Purple and gray are great together. I'm doing a series with makeup for different eyecolors so I will definitely choose purple eyeshadow for gray eyes. :3

      Radera
  6. Wow, what great makeup, and a fantastic tutorial! Alas, when I apply eyeliner I always end up looking like a three-year-old has been at my eyes with a crayon-but I definitely admire it on folks like you who actually have hand-eye coordination! :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! :) Haha, I'm sure it's not that bad! But a tip is to try and blend out your eyeliner with a small brush (or your finger) to create a softer result.

      Radera
  7. You're so good at applying eye make-up, wow! It's beautiful.
    Grey lipstick:
    http://www.limecrimemakeup.com/products/CHINCHILLA-opaque-grey-lipstick.html

    Grey lipgloss:
    http://www.illamasqua.com/shop/products/lips/galactic-intense-lipgloss

    SvaraRadera
  8. I just recently found your blog and I love your tutorials--very inspiring!
    If you're still looking for gray lipstick, you might want to check out Morgana Cryptoria's shop.

    SvaraRadera